Sts. Anthony and Theodosius of the Kiev Caves Skete in Odrynki

plenru

Calendar of Historical Events

Skete1518
Prince Ivan Mikhailovitch Viskovatyi finds the icon of St. Anthony of the Kiev Caves and constructs a chapel in the vicinity of settlement called “Kudok” on the shore of the Narew River.

1529
Aleksander Chodkiewicz, voivode governor of Nowogród, receives property on the right shore of the River Narew at the River Olszanica, Zabłoczanka, Hoźna and Zacisówka.

1549
Grzegorz Chodkiewicz, chamberlain and son of Aleksander Chodkiewicz receives the land located between the Olszanka and Hoźna rivers up to the Narew River.

1572
Katarzyna Wiśniowiecka, wife of Grzegorz Chodkiewicz and her son Aleksander funds the construction of a Skete in the Błudowska Forest for the monks of Supraśl.

1574
Prince Feodor Massalsky, owner of Narewka and Lewkowo Stare, funds the construction of the Orthodox Monastery of the Ascension of the Lord in a village in the area of Odrynki.

1578
Anna Chodkiewiczówna grants Feodor Massalsky part of the Błudowska and Narewska forests.

1589
Jeremy II, Patriarch of Constantinople, appoints the cousin of Prince Feodor-Hilarion Massalsky as Archimandrite of the Supraśl Monastery.

1603
Orthodox monks from Supraśl banished by the Uniates arrive at the Monastery of the Ascension of the Lord located not far from Odrynki.

Skete1607
After the death of Hilarion Massalsky, the Monastery in Odrynki is subordinated to the Monastery of the Holy Spirit in Vilnus.

1609-1626
Hermit Heliasz serves as Abbot of the Monastery.

1657
The monastery is destroyed as a result of war.

First half of the 18th century
The Jesuit mission in Narew conducts activities against the monks of the Monastery of the Ascension.

1786
The monastery remains under the jurisdiction of the Archimandrite of Vilnius and under the care of the Abbot of the Monastery of the Holy Spirit in Vilnius.

1824
The monastery is dissolved at the decision of the Spiritual Consistory in Minsk.

1916
Hermit Trofin Adamowicz Dubko lives in the area of the former monastery.

1930’s
Eugeniusz Ramm conducts archeological work on the monastery’s property.

20th century
The development of the cult of St. Anthony of the Kiev in Narew and the surrounding areas.

2005
Olga Pietruczuk-Zajkowska transfers the land purchased in the area of the former settlement of Kudok to be used for the purposes of an Orthodox hermitage.

2006
Archimandrite of the Supraski Monastery Gabriel (Giba) organizes a hermitage at the place of the appearance of the icon of St. Anthony of the Kiev Caves.

Skete2008
Construction of the Chapel of St. Anthony and chapel with a water source in the area of the hermitage.

2009
Orthodox Metropolitan of Warsaw and All Poland Sawa calls into existence the Skete of Sts. Anthony and Theodosius of the Kiev Caves in the place of the heritage.

15 September 2009
The first Liturgy celebrated by the Metropolitan of Warsaw and All Poland Sawa at the Skete.

2010
Construction of the wooden church of Sts. Anthony and Theodosius.

Photo Gallery

Total visits: 297419
© 2012-2019 skit.odrynki.pl